Sunday, May 1, 2016

Tuesday's with Morrie Blog

Michael Hoover
Morrie blog
Prompt: Based on the 6 Tuesdays you have read about in Tuesdays with Morrie, choose which topic (The World, Feeling Sorry For Yourself, Regrets, Death, Family, or Emotions) that has had the most impact on you or inspired you. On your blog discuss the importance of this topic with your own opinions, including textual evidence (direct quotes) from the book. 


The Tuesday that had the most profound effect on me would be the Tuesday where Morrie and Mitch discussed family. The reason this had the biggest impact on me was because Morrie said that with out family dying would be way harder. " "If you don't have the support and love and caring and concern that you get from a family, you don't have much at all. Love is so supremely important." pg.91. I think that this opened Mitches eyes about his brother and that he should probably go see him in case the cancer comes back. 
I also kind of thought about not having any of my family and dying alone and it is really scary to just think about. 

I feel like many people don't take family into consideration until they are dying and or close to it. Sometimes when people get older they start to separate from family to establish their own life and family like a fresh start. When you start to die you want everybody that you love to be around you. I think that it's really sad that in reality what brings people together the most is death. A example of this that is current is like when Prince died last week and all media apps like Fox and Aol had a lot of articles about him because he had died. This happens all of the time and we don't really notice or give any attention to it because it is so regular in everyday life. 


One more tueday that had an impact on me was the Tuesday where Mitch and Morrie talked about death. Mainly due to the fact that when asked if he was afraid of dying Morrie responds no. He then says how he feels lucky to be able to die over the course of time and that it gives him time to say goodbye to everybody. "No I'm not afraid of dying, it gives me more time to say goodbye to the people I love and care about..." I've never thought about having a terminal illness in this way and how it could be lucky.  I think it's crazy how Morrie can basically make everything seem like a gift, it's like his own unique special ability. 

No comments:

Post a Comment