Sunday, May 22, 2016

end of the year reflection blog - Michael Hoover

End of the year reflection blog
Michael Hoover
5/22/16
Prompt:




[What are the three most important things you learned this year?]


I feel like we learned everything last year, but the three most important lessons/things learned would be, is mercy killing justified. The second really important thing that I learned this year was that we can prevent bad things from happening in the future after learning it happened in the past (Holocaust). Last but not least the third thing that I think was important and I will carry to high school is you should never hurt anything in any way if that person/thing has never hurt you before (TkAM).


 [What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?]


Something that we did this year that I think I will remember for the rest of my life is hiding in the dark for Nick and Evie to come in late for class. :) I don't know why that was so funny but I remember everyone that day was in such a jolly mood.
I feel like next year I will be sitting in some class and that will just pop into my mind and I will just think about me writing about that happening right now, I will just be like WOW. That was a confusing sentence to write.


[What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?]


I remember the nicest thing that somebody did for me this year was giving me the answers during the test (just kidding).
The nicest thing that somebody did for me this year was wrote that problem letter. I remember we had that assignment where we had to write down a problem that we were facing in our life and we put it in a hat and they got passed out to different people. The letter that I got back made me tear up, I thought it would so I did not read it until I got home, I still don't know who wrote it but thanks if you somehow read this.


[What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?]


I don't think that I taught my classmates or teachers anything this year. Maybe I did but I am pretty sure I did not.




[In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?]


I feel that I made my biggest improvements in reading. I did not read that much in the beginning of the year but now I have started to read a lot more and I hope I keep it up through the summer. Some thing that I accomplished this year that I am proud of is getting the Participation award in battle of the books because who does not want that reward, right. Another thing that I am proud of this year is getting in most of my assignments on time and not getting that many falcon fowls.




[What was the most challenging part of this year for you?]


The most challenging part of this year for me was doing my homework early in the day and not at night because that is not a good habit. I don't know why I would always do that, I guess I am just good at postponing things. I started to change that habit towards the end of the year but I know that I should have done it earlier.




 [What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?]


In my opinion the best piece of writing that I have done this year is this blog. I took a lot of time on it and I enjoyed the work I put into it. I also remember that last year this was one of the hardest blogs to write but now that I have been in the class for basically two years it is way easier to do. I wonder if it was easier for anybody else, I think it probably was for a lot of people.



 [Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?]


Out of the books that I have read this year, my favorite was "Ripper" by Stefan Petrucha. It was very suspenseful and well written and had you on the edge of your seat every page you read. I read the second book to TkAM and was disappointed. The reason I think that book did so bad with ratings and sales is because the book was written about a time that it was not it so people were not interested in it.


[What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?]


 This is more of a fun and beneficial class so you want to stay in it. Always get your homework in on time so you don't get fowls and detentions because some teaches show no mercy with fowls. Apparently your first high school literature class will be easy compared to this one that you are in right now. So work hard and don't give up. You wont regret it.












No comments:

Post a Comment