Friday, April 22, 2016

Michael Hoover Tuesdays with Morrie 1st blog

Michael Hoover
Tuesdays With Morrie

Prompt: What are
 your initial reactions to
what you have read in
 Tuesdays with Morrie
thus far.


So far I have read to page forty in "tuesdays with Morrie" written by Mitch Albom and my initial thoughts so far are that this book is different than any that I have read something that is different is the writing style. I feel like the reason the book has such an impact on people when they read it is because there is honesty and no excuses. A example of this is when Mitch is in the car and he says how he feels bad about not seeing his old friend for so long and then waiting in the car while Morrie waits outside. Something that surprised me so far about the book is that it mentions dieing a lot and how Morrie is slowly losing control of his body yet the book maintains a happy vibe, that is so far.

I was surprised how welcoming Morrie was to Mitch because he had not seen him in so long and then he appears on tv and his colleague graduate happens to appear out of the blue. I just thought that was really interesting because it really shows Morries character and how he does not really condone hate or let it make him bitter. I was surprised at how much Mitch remembered about Morrie because they had not seen each other in so long he even called him 'coach', I thought that was good that they had not forgotten about each other it makes the book a lot more easier to read.

Everybody has a bucket list whether it is written down or just in their head. There are a lot of things that I want to do before I die, here is a list:

1:Live on campus
2:Get a Phd
3:Live in the forest for a month
4: make a discovery in space
5:get a Bugatti (I can settle for a Lamborghini)
6: Run a marathon
7: direct a movie
8:bungee jump
9:Jump into an alligator (that is a goal not a joke)
10: Travel around the world at least once

No comments:

Post a Comment