Thursday, May 12, 2016

Morrie Aphorism project

Michael Hoover
Final Aphorism project
10/12/16

"With out love we are birds with broken wings," - Morrie Schwartz
What this quote means is that we are alone and depressed without love. It means that we are restricted and can't reach what we want just like a bird can't reach its nest with broken wings.
Morris main message was that life is much easier when you have somebody to enjoy it with you. I think that what this meant to Morrie was that dying would be way harder for him if he did not have his wife and family to be by him.


In the movie Forrest Gump, the main character Forrest is lonely until he finds love. Most of the movie when he is alone there is a overall sad feeling and then he finds the women he loves and the movie gets all positive and happy. The way that this movie can relate to Morris's quote is because Forrest was like a bird with broken wings and he was lost and then he found wings and got love and found himself.


I honk that this quote is a little bit wrong because somebody can be alone and still be happy. The reason that I think this is because I know some really happy and healthy poeple that are all alone. Overall I do think that the quote makes sense in the way that having family is great. In the book it states "dieing would be much harder if I did not have the people I love around me." I think that the way he says it can make it mean more sense to people than it would written down on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment